ORO VALLEY DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD
March 8, 2011
ORO VALLEY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
11000 N. LA CAÑADA DRIVE
Chairman Schoeppach called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
|Michael Schoeppach, Chairman |
Ray Shelton, Member
Gene Wowk, Member
Richard Luckett, Member
Dennis Ottley, Member
Chairman Schoeppach led the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Opened and closed without comment.
Approval of the February 8, 2011 DRB minutes.
MOTION: A motion was made by Member Ottley and seconded by Member Shelton to Approve the February 8, 2011, DRB meeting minutes.
Architectural elevations for Desert Sky Subdivision (Lots 1-45, Model #1570 Elevation 3) requested by Dorn Homes, OV1311-03. For questions and additional information, please contact Matt Michels, Senior Planner, at (520) 229-4822 or email@example.com.
Michael Meixner, non-resident, representing Dorn Homes, presented the following:
Matt Michels, OV Senior Planner, presented the following:
- Location Map
- Desert Sky Subdivision
- Model Homes
- Approved Models
- Existing Homes
- Roof Tile and Paint Color Schemes
Member Ottley commented that garage windows are an easy breach of security.
Member Luckett asked if the closer lot lines are typical in this subdivision and is Dorn Homes the original builder. Mr. Michels said the townhome zoning allows zero foot setbacks for the houses on one side. It clearly does not have a separation that you would typically find in a larger lot subdivision. Dorn Homes is the original developer of the subdivision.
Chairman Schoeppach asked Mr. Meixner if Dorn Homes was okay with the conditions in Exhibit A. Mr. Meixner responded yes.
Member Ottley felt that screen mesh could be offered for the garage windows to address any security concerns.
MOTION: A motion was made by Member Ottley and seconded by Member Shelton to Approve with conditions architectural elevations for an additional model home (Model #1570, Elevation 3) for the Desert Sky Lots 1-45 subdivision, requested by Dorn Homes, OV1311-03, subject to the conditions in Exhibit "A".
Architectural elevations for Vistoso Loop Office Building, 2285 E. Vistoso Commerce Loop, Eglin/Cohen Architects, P.C. representing Sheftel Associates, OV1311-04. For questions and additional information, please contact Karen Berchtold, Senior Planner, at (520) 229-4814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the request of the applicant, the item be moved to the April 12th DRB meeting.
MOTION: A motion was made by Member Ottley and seconded by Member Shelton to continue the architectural elevations for a 9,600 square foot office building located at 2285 E. Vistoso Commerce Loop, by Eglin Cohen Architects, P.C. subject ot the conditions in Exhibit "A".
Chad Daines, Principal Planner, updated the Commission on the following:
- Environmental Sensitive Land was unanimously approved by Council on February 16th.
- Public Art Program was unanimously approved by Council on March 2nd.
- Sign Code was carried over to the March 16th meeting.
- LA Fitness has returned to active status for a proposed new facility at the northeast corner of Oracle and Hardy.
- Pulte is interested in adding a second building south of the existing building.
- Community Academy Spring Semester is now posted on the web site.
- Steam Pump PAD approval of the gas station use will be processed concurrently with the PAD amendment. The Town Council meeting would likely be in April.
- Oracle Vista Center, staff met with the owner, developer and project architect on March 4 regarding a potential 25,000 square foot memory care facility north of the fire station within the Oracle Vista Center.
- The Council Work Group will meet on March 15 to discuss the revised Design Review Criteria.
MOTION: A motion was made by Member Ottley and seconded by Member Wowk to Adjourn at 6:18 P.M.