ORO VALLEY PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION
April 24, 2012
ORO VALLEY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
11000 N. LA CAÑADA DRIVE
Vice Chair Cox called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
|Don Cox, Vice Chair |
John Buette, Commissioner
Alan Caine, Commissioner
Bill Leedy, Commissioner
Bill Rodman, Commissioner
||Robert Swope, Chair |
Vice Chair Cox led the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance.
There were no speakers.
There were no Council Liaison comments.
Matt Michels, Senior Planner, presented an overview of the following:
- Applicant Request
- Location & Context Map
- Existing Zoning
- General Plan Future Land Use
- Proposed Base Zoning Districts
- Conditional Uses Proposed to be Permitted (C-1 & R-6 Zone)
- Uses Proposed to be Added
- PAD Development Plan
- Conceptual Site Plan
- Oracle Road Scenic Corridor Overlay District Exemption
- Existing Topography
- View Analysis
- Proposed Landscaped Bufferyards & Screening
- Recreation & Open Space
- Future Road Improvements
- Vehicular & Pedestrian Circulation
- Architectural Design
- Linda Vista Trailhead Overflow Parking
- PAD Criteria Conformance: Required Findings
- Neighborhood Meetings/Public Input
- Primary Issues from Neighborhood Meeting
- Agreements with Neighbors
- Rezoning Review & Approval Process
Mike Grassinger, from The Planning Center, presented an overview of the following:
- Project Site
- Approved Development Plan
- Project Proposal
- Initial Concept Plan
- Concept Plan
- Neighborhood Commitments
- Development Area A and B Land Uses
- Project Summary
Ross Rulney, property owner, responded to questions in regard to the Conditions of Approval.
The Commission concluded discussion with direction to staff for the following:
- Updated list of Conditional Uses
- Visualizations of Pusch Ridge from Oracle Road
- Landscape specifics for the project
Vice Chair Cox opened the public hearing.
Joe Barr, Oro Valley resident spoke in favor.
Vice Chair Cox closed the public hearing.
David Williams, Planning Manager, said a report regarding updates and future agenda items would be given at the May 1, 2012, BOA meeting.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
MOTION: A motion was made by Commissioner
and seconded by Commissioner
to adjourn the BOA meeting at 7:00 p.m.