Paul Oland, representing the property owner WLB Group, described the potential traffic calming designs for members of the Board. Mr. Oland explained the site plan was designed to maximize lot sizes as well as conserve the washes. The developer felt the larger lots on the exterior of the plan, and smaller lots on the interior, combined with the natural trails would be best to preserve the natural landscape. Mr. Oland stated that the developer has been working with Amphi School District regarding the traffic impacts to both Wilson and Ironwood Ridge schools. The vacant land to the east of the development would be available for future development.
Eric Gormally, Oro Valley Resident, expressed his concern regarding the proposed development. Mr. Gormally owns 9 acres neighboring the project area and would prefer to see the natural desert left undisturbed by further development.
MOTION: A motion was made by Bruce Wyckoff, Vice Chairman and seconded by Kit Donley, Member to approve OV1208-23, Subject to the Conditions of Approval in Attachment 1, except for Planning Condition #3.
Conditions of Approval
Saguaros Viejos Conceptual Site Plan
The Final Site Plan shall incorporate the following conditions:
1. Provide a natural surface trail within the wash confines along the full length of Common Area "F"
2. Provide a pedestrian easement between Lots 61 and 62 and/or Lots 63 and 64 to provide pedestrian connectivity to the recreation area.
3. As proposed by the applicant, all homes shall be limited to one (1) story, no greater than 18 feet.
4. Provide a traffic calming measure approved by the Town Engineer on the northern segment of Streets "A" and "B"
5. Provide an updated Traffic Impact Analysis that reflects current site and traffic conditions.
Member Baskin suggested a Friendly Amendment to include playground equipment at the recreational area, which was accepted by Vice Chair Wycoff and Member Donley.
MOTION carried, 5-0.