ORO VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL
April 29, 2015
ORO VALLEY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
11000 N. LA CANADA DRIVE
|Satish Hiremath, Mayor |
Lou Waters, Vice Mayor
Brendan Burns, Councilmember
Bill Garner, Councilmember
Joe Hornat, Councilmember
Mary Snider, Councilmember
Mike Zinkin, Councilmember
Town Manager Greg Caton announced the first budget presentations would be the Police Department, followed by the Community and Center and Golf Fund and the Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
Police Chief Daniel Sharp gave an overview of the proposed Police Department budget that included the following:
- Sir Robert Peel's Principle of Policing
- Town of Oro Valley Strategic Plan 2015
- Town of Oro Valley General Plan and Public Safety
- Your Voice, Our Future
- Community Expectations
- Revenues and Restricted Funding Sources
- Fiscal Year Comparison
- Variances by Program Area
- Innovations and Efficiencies for the Future
- Continued Volunteer Support
Discussion ensued amongst Council, Chief Sharp and staff regarding the proposed Police Department budget.
Mayor Hiremath recessed the meeting at 5:44 p.m.
Mayor Hiremath reconvened the meeting at 5:50 p.m.
Parks and Recreation Community Center and Golf Fund
Parks and Recreation Director Kristy Diaz-Trahan gave an overview of the following proposed Community Center and Golf Fund budget highlights:
- Strategic Plan Implementation
- Parks & Recreation Department
- Community Center & Golf Fund - Budget Overview
- Community & Recreation Center
- Tennis Programming, Golf and Food & Beverage
- Tennis Programming
- Food & Beverage
- Capital Improvements
Development and Infrastructure Director Paul Keesler gave an overview of the following proposed design and construction components associated with the Capital Improvements for the Parks and Recreation Community Center and Golf Fund:
- Capital Improvements
- Facility CIP - Breakdown by the Numbers
- Facility CIP - Reconfigure & Remodel Lobby
Councilmember Burns left the meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Discussion ensued amongst Council, staff and Troon representatives regarding the proposed Community Center and Golf Fund.
Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
Budget and Management Analyst Wendy Gomez gave an overview of the following proposed CIP information highlights:
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Funding for General Government CIP Fund Projects
- CIP - Notable Projects by Fund
Discussion ensued amongst Council and staff regarding the Capital Improvement Program.
MOTION: A motion was made by Vice Mayor Waters and seconded by Councilmember Snider to adjourn the meeting at 7:41 p.m.
MOTION carried, 6-0.