PRESENT: James Dunn, Chair
Michael Gardner, Vice Chair
Ralph Stein, Commissioner
George Glos, Commissioner
EXCUSED: Leo Leonhart, Commissioner
LIAISON: Kenneth Carter, Council Member
STAFF: Phil Trenary, Operations Division Manager
David Parker, Storm Water Utility Manager
VISITOR: Jim Coffey
CALL TO THE AUDIENCE
APPROVAL OF THE DECEMBER 18, 2008 MEETING
MOTION: A motion was made by Commissioner Glos and seconded by Vice Chair Gardner to approve the
December 18, 2008minutes.
DISCUSSION REGARDING MINOR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
Storm Water Utility Manager David Parker reported that staff has identified about a half dozen minor Capitol Improvement Projects (CIP) around Town that will require some repair such as dip crossings, various roads, existing culverts and drainage channels. Staff has begun the design process with a goal of completing all of the projects this fiscal year depending upon available funds.
STORM WATER CREDIT APPLICATION REVIEW
No applications were submitted for the month of January.
DISCUSSION REGARDING STORM WATER FEE AND BUDGET
Staff reported that there were some delinquent fees that were being addressed by the Town Attorney’s office, but overall the service fee billing process was going very well. The community is beginning to understand the service and its’ benefits.
Staff provided a Fiscal Year 08/09 Storm Water Budget Overview and reported that the overall position of the revenue coming in is where it should be and the expenses are in line.
DISCUSSION REGARDING ON-GOING STORM WATER PROJECTS
The Storm Water Manager reviewed the on-going projects:
- Financial Sustainability Implementation
- Manager On-Going Projects
- Implementation of the Storm Water Management Plan
- Storm Water Utility Administration Plan
Specific programs discussed included:
- Pima County Flood Control District received comments on our CDO levee
- The preliminary DFIRMs for Pima County are anticipated to be
to be release in March or April
- The Town received comments from the Arizona Department of Emergency Management on the Lomas de Oro Wash/Lucero Rpad repair project
- Pima County Flood Control District has approved and began accomplishing a floodplain mapping study for the Town
- The Stimulus package, bond issues, FEMA and Homeland Security
- The Vegetation Management Plan is on track to be completed by monsoon season.
SET FEBRUARY MEETING DATE/TIME
The next meeting was scheduled to be held on
February 19th, 2009at in the Municipal Operations Center (MOC) Conference Room.
FEBRUARY PROPOSED AGENDA ITEMS
- Approval of the
January 22, 2009minutes
- Storm Water Credit application review
- Discussion regarding Storm Water fee and budget
- Discussion regarding on-going storm water projects
MOTION: A motion was made by Commissioner Glos and seconded by Commissioner Stein to adjourn the meeting at
Linda Hersha, Senior Office Assistant